Buildings are generally constructed for a specific purpose and will eventually become tired or require adapting or refurbishing to suit the changing needs of the existing or new occupier. From inception to completion, the construction knowledge of a Chartered Building Surveyor will prove invaluable for each key stage of the building refurbishment project. Working with our in-house Architectural Services department we offer a complete service for alterations, extensions and building refurbishment schemes.
We will prepare and submit planning and building regulations applications for our projects and can advise on procurement strategies, design, the use of modern or traditional materials for restoration, budget costs, the appointment of contractors and life cycle costing to assist with delivering the right product.
Our typical role will include:
- Review of Client’s requirements and assessment of the existing structure
- Advice on statutory obligations
- Measured survey
- Preparation of scheme designs and budget costs
- Obtaining Planning and Building Regulation approvals
- Full specification of works
- Competitive tendering
- Tender review and negotiation
- Contract administration during construction phase
- Handover plan at completion
We can adapt our role to suit individual requirements.