X
+44 (0)1329 221199 dhcs@dhcs.co.uk

Latest News

DHCS becomes a UCEM approved apprenticeship provider

…and welcome their first apprentice Building Surveyor to the team

UCEM approved apprenticeship providerAn exciting chapter has kicked off at Daniells Harrison Chartered Surveyors with the arrival of Annabel Huffer, their new Building Surveyor apprentice.

DHCS were keen to consolidate their position as one of the South’s top independent firms of Chartered Surveyors, by being able to invest in new and existing staff though the provision of apprenticeships.  The apprentice scheme is run in conjunction with the University College of Estate Management – the world leading provider of supported online education for the Built Environment. DHCS gained accreditation by proving they could deliver quality training and structured learning opportunities for their staff, as well as meeting certain quality standards.

The Chartered Surveyor Apprenticeship has a 57-month duration. Off-the-job training and assessment makes up 20% of the apprenticeship, with structured workplace ‘on-the-job’ training and development making up the remaining 80%.

annabel huffer apprentice building surveyorAnnabel is looking to gain a BSc (Hons) degree in Chartered Building Surveying, which will be followed by an Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) leading to RICS chartered membership and the MRICS professional qualification as the final apprenticeship outcome.

The off-the-job training is delivered by UCEM via a blended learning approach with supported online education and face-to-face professional practice workshops.

Annabel is relishing the new challenge and is working closely with Nick, Gordon and the rest of the Building Surveying team to learn about all aspects of Building Surveying. Her first day in the office was a baptism of fire with two on-site client visits; one in Bishops Waltham followed by a trip across to the Isle of Wight for rest of the day.

Welcome to the madhouse Annabel and we look forward to helping you gain your qualification in Building Surveying over the next 4 ½ years.

Tags: